By James Grieve
this can be the 1st French-English dictionary to target this attention-grabbing and an important a part of the language. The dictionary offers approximately two hundred complete entries in alphabetical order, together with: de plus; et ce; or; c'est dire que; en fait; au total; voila.
Entries outline, speak about and exemplify the entire diversity of connecting language in French. 2000 examples upload additional readability and are selected from a variety of registers and more often than not modern prose.
By Thomas Patrick Hughes
By Tom Dalzell,Terry Victor
The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English provides all of the slang phrases from The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English in one volume.
Containing over 60,000 entries, this concise new version of the authoritative paintings info the slang and unconventional English of from round the English-speaking global on account that 1945, and during the 1st decade of the hot millennium, with a similar thorough, severe, and vigorous scholarship that characterised Partridge’s personal work.
Unique, intriguing and, every now and then, hilariously stunning, key gains include:
- unprecedented assurance of worldwide English, with equivalent prominence given to American and British English slang, and entries incorporated from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, South Africa, eire, and the Caribbean
- emphasis on post-World conflict II slang and unconventional English
- dating details for every headword
- in the culture of Partridge, observation at the term’s origins and meaning.
New to this moment edition:
- a new preface noting slang tendencies of the final 8 years
- over 1,000 new entries from the united states, united kingdom and Australia, reflecting very important advancements in language and culture
- new phrases from the language of social networking from a number electronic groups together with texting, blogs, fb, Twitter and on-line boards
- many entries now revised to incorporate new relationship and new glosses, making sure greatest accuracy of content.
The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English is a remarkable source infused with humour and studying – it’s impolite, it’s pleasant, and it’s a prize for somebody with a love of language.
By Margaret E. Beare
Features & Benefits:
- 150 signed entries (each with go References and extra Readings) are prepared in A-to-Z model to provide scholars quick access to the complete diversity of themes in transnational crime and justice.
- A thematic Reader's consultant within the entrance topic teams entries through extensive topical or thematic components to make it effortless for clients to discover similar entries at a glance.
- In the digital model, the Reader's advisor combines with an in depth Index and the move References to supply clients with handy search-and-browse capacities.
- A Chronology within the again subject is helping scholars placed person occasions into broader ancient context.
- A word list presents scholars with concise definitions of keywords within the field.
- A source advisor to vintage books, journals, and websites (along with the additional Readings accompanying every one access) is helping consultant scholars to extra assets of their study journeys.
- An Appendix contains the Congressional study carrier document on overseas Terrorism and Transnational Crime.
By Mary Z. (Zeiss) Stange,Carol K. Oyster,Jane E. Sloan
Nearly 18 million americans voted for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton within the 2008 Democratic basic elections. 16 of the present U.S. senators are girls. a few glass ceilings are being damaged, yet even as, there have been in basic terms 12 lady CEOs of Fortune 500 businesses in 2007. After 3 waves of feminism of the process greater than a century, the place do ladies stand in ultra-modern world?
By Lee McGowan,David Phinnemore
This certain number of information contains concise definitions and factors when it comes to all facets of the ecu Union. It explains the terminology surrounding the european and descriptions the jobs and value of the associations, member nations, overseas family members, programmes and guidelines, treaties and personalities. It includes over 1,000 transparent and succinct definitions and explains acronyms and abbreviations, that are prepared alphabetically and entirely cross-referenced. The booklet has been absolutely up to date to incorporate info of the elections to the eu Parliament and the appointment of the recent eu fee in 2014, including different vital revisions.
Among the 1,000 entries you'll find factors and historical past information on:accession negotiations
- the African Union
- the ‘Arab Spring’
- the universal Agricultural coverage
- competition coverage
- the ecu Maritime and Fisheries Fund
- the euro
- human rights
- Jean-Claude Juncker
- the eu Anti-Fraud place of work (OLAF)
- the Schengen contract
- the unmarried Supervisory Mechanism
- the unmarried rulebook
- the Treaty of Lisbon
By Michael Watkins,Bo Beolens,Michael Grayson
Who was once Richard Kemp, after whom the Kemp's ridley sea turtle is termed? Is Wake's Gecko named after Berkeley's Marvalee Wake? or even her husband, David? Why achieve this many snakes and lizards have Werner of their identify? This reference booklet solutions those and millions of different questions about the origins of the vernacular and clinical names of reptiles around the globe.
From Agkistrodon piscivorus conanti, the Florida cottonmouth subspecies named for Roger Conant, to Xantusia, the evening lizard genera namesake of John Xantus, this dictionary covers every person after whom an extant or lately extinct reptile has been named. The entries contain a quick bio-sketch, a listing of the reptiles that endure the individual's identify, the names of reptiles erroneously considered linked to the individual, and a precis of significant -- and infrequently imprecise or perhaps incidental -- contributions made by way of the individual to herpetology and zoology. An introductory bankruptcy explains how you can use the publication and describes the method of naming taxa. effortless to take advantage of and jam-packed with addictive -- and hugely helpful -- information regarding the folk whose names could be carried into the long run at the backs of the world's reptiles, The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles is a convenient and enjoyable publication for pro and novice herpetologists alike.
By Kathleen Sheldon
This moment variation of Historical Dictionary of girls in Sub-Saharan Africa encompasses a chronology, an advent, appendixes, and an intensive bibliography. The dictionary part has over seven hundred cross-referenced entries on person African ladies in historical past, politics, faith, and the humanities; on very important occasions, corporations, and guides; and on subject matters vital to girls regularly (marriage, fertility, employment) and to African ladies particularly (market ladies, baby marriage, queen mothers). This e-book is a superb entry aspect for college students, researchers, and someone eager to comprehend extra concerning the ladies in Africa.
By Robert D. Burrowes
By Andrey Taranov
Recommended as extra help fabric to any language direction. Meets the desires of rookies and complex novices. handy for day-by-day use, reviewing periods and self-testing actions. enables you to investigate your present vocabulary. This e-book is also utilized by foreigners to profit English. phrases are prepared in response to their which means, now not alphabetically. content material is gifted in 3 columns to facilitate the reviewing and self-testing procedures. each one topic consists of small blocks of comparable lexical devices. The vocabulary bargains a handy and straightforward transcription for every overseas word.
This revised variation (03.2014) includes 256 themes together with: easy thoughts, Numbers, shades, Months, Seasons, devices of size, garments & components, meals & nutrients, eating place, family, kin, personality, emotions, feelings, illnesses, urban, city, Sightseeing, buying, cash, apartment, domestic, workplace, operating within the workplace, advertising, activities, schooling, machine, net, instruments, Nature, international locations, Nationalities and extra …
If you may have any query, recommendation or suggestions, please touch us: email@example.com